Saturday, June 23, 2012

Starting over

Out with the old, in with the new.  Blog address remains the same but it's time for a clean slate.  It would seem that in the seven years since I started blogging I've lost the art of putting words on the backlit screen with any regularity, but I do miss the interactions that have occurred through this medium.

At the moment I'm facebookless, partly as a backlash against society and partly as a force to gather my own thoughts before I jump into the deep end of the most difficult real-life experience I've grappled with to date:  a real job, with real responsibility and real consequences.  Today, all I want to do is hide in bed with the pillows over my head pretending like Monday is still far away.

But I know I'm here for a reason.  He who began a good work in [me] will be faithful to complete it... and haven't I already seen so clearly the signs that I have been placed in this particular place in my life with none other than divine intention?  Lord, help my unbelief.

I haven't decided yet whether to continue my habit of writing protected posts and cross-linking them here.  While I enjoy the privacy of that method, I can also argue for the transparency and increased interaction of this open forum.  Decisions, all my friends will attest to, are not one of my strong points, which is why I am not going into trauma surgery... but I suppose the outcome of this issue will make itself obvious in time.

And so, we meet again!

No comments: